YOUTH SPRING SOCCER LEAGUE
(across from Jericho Youth Hostel near Jericho Beach and Jericho Sailing Club)
Check out our Warm-Up and this great little player!
Our Spring & Summer Free Kick Leages plan to look like this.
Expect another great, friendly, fun season with music, skill warm up, small sided games (we don’t keep score to develop creativity and fun on the ball), country flags, mini World Cup tournament and much more. Enjoy the sunshine and great spring weather – and take advantage of the beach after the games!
Limited availability and space! Sign up Now!
Pass on our great league to your friends!
Play soccer by Jericho Beach when the weather is actually nice outside!
During Spring Soccer we will not keep score. We want players to enjoy themselves and to improve their skills without the full intention on winning. Players know what the score and we want them to score but it will not be the focus. During the final two weeks we will have a tournament where teams will have the opportunity to play fun competitive “World Cup” matches with prizes.
All registered players will be assigned to balanced teams after two weeks of fun scrimmage games. We will do our best to coordinate players into levels that suit a desired challenge.
Have fun with your family at the beach after games!
Maximum Number of Players per Age Group: 40
Have a blast with friends!
We are looking for organized, soccer knowledgeable and enthusiastic leaders to help coach teams, referee and assist with logistics.
Please contact us if this sounds like you.
Come on out and coach or manage a team!
SUNDAY DATES: April 26, May 3, 11, 25, June 1, 8, 15, 22
(We will have a special FAMILY focus on Mother’s & Fathers Day)
April 27 – Fun Chaos Day – Players will arrive at designated times to enjoy a warm-up and welcome. Players will be organized into fun scrimmage games.
May 4– Welcome back warm-up and players divided into fun organized scrimmage games to form balanced teams.
May 10– Formed teams will play an organized game with referees. (Adjustments with players on balanced teams will continue)
Mother’s / Family Day Celebration (TBA)
May 24 – Formed teams will play an organized game with referees.
June 1 – Formed teams will play an organized game with referees.
June 8 – Formed teams will play an organized game with referees.
June 15 – World Cup Soccer Tournament
Father’s Day Family Celebration (TBA)
June 22– World Cup Soccer Tournament / Prizes/Goodbye
Number of Players: 5 + Goal Keeper
or Group broken down into 4 teams depending on number of registered players
Size of Field: Approximately 25 x 45 metres
(Age 6-7 year olds) Size of Field will be in 1/8
Players will play 4 v 4
WE WILL ADJUST THE PLAY TO BENEFIT THE PLAYERS ON THE FIELD
Score: No Keeping Score
(Except for final Euro Cup Tournament during the last two weeks of program).
– No offsides.
– Goalkeepers can use hands up to ten feet away from goal line and four to five feet to either side.
– Throw-ins are used when the soccer ball goes over the sideline.
– All free kicks are direct.
– Corner kicks are used when defending team touches ball over endline.
– Goal kicks are used when the soccer ball goes over endline by opposing team.
– A penalty shot is used when the defending team intentionally hands the ball or fouls a player going to goal. The penalty shot will be a break away from the half line against the keeper. No rebounds are allowed.
– Changing on the fly is allowed but it is preferred during game breaks. A penalty shot will be awarded to a team with too many players on the field.
– After a save is made, goalkeepers must throw out or kick the ball from the ground, no drop kicks or punts allowed.
– Coaches are not permitted on the field. (except for young players)
– After each goal, play resumes from the half way line.
– At half time, teams change ends.
– Finish game with handshake.
HAVE FUN & PLAY WITH PASSION
All registration is final but we allow exchanges with other players or programs.
Players may be used for photographs or video to promote Free Kick.